Return to the VAGenWeb Project Charlotte Co.Home Page
JoLee Gregory Spears
(This page was last updated )
Tabernacle Methodist Episcopal Church, Charlotte County, VA
See disposition of the Taberacle Church lot
"On the 30th day of August in 1843 William W.
Bouldin and his wife, Angelina, sold to Lewis Skidmore, William Crawley,
Charles B. Bouldin, Abraham H. Roberts, Henry L. Redd, George W.
Redd and Elisha E. Hundley, trustees, a lot of land 'whereon stands
Tabernacle Church,' a Methodist Episcopal Church. This church stood
on the west side of the intersection of highways 59 and 654 on property
presently owned [in 1979] by Clyde Hall. When the church disbanded
its members went to the Methodist churches in Keysville and Drakes