This page was updated October 20, 2008
Will of Mary Bruce
Lunenburg Co., VA Will Bk 10:70
Dated 17 Jul 1830; Recorded 8 Aug 1830
I, Mary Bruce of Lunenburg County & State of Virginia being sick & feeble in Body, but perfectly sound in mind and knowing the uncertainty of this mortal life do hereby make this my last will & testament in manner & form following viz
1. Item I give to my daughter Dolly Bown [Brown] one shilling to her and her heirs forever.
2. Item I give to the children of Eliza Cavisiss [Cabiness] one shilling each to them & heirs forever.
3. Item I give to my daughter Mildred C. Bruce one feather bed and furniture in fee simple, also, I lend her two negroes a boy by the name of Paul, and a girl named Vzna after her death the said Paul & Vzna to go to Samuel A. Bruce & his heirs forever
4. Item I give to my daughter Jane C. Watson one shilling to her and her heirs forever.
5. Item I give to my Daughter Martha Bruce one feather bed and furniture to her and her heirs forever.
6. Item I give to my Daughter Harriet Fowlkes one large pine chest, also my pin cushion hoop & chain to her and her Heirs forever
7. Item I give to my son Samuel A. Bruce the following property by name Clarissa, Harry Silas Lander, Anderson and Archer also my stock of Horses, cows, Hoggs, sheep, feather beds furniture, Household & Kitchen furniture together with every estate now belonging to me not given as above
Lastly I appoint my son Samuel A. Bruce Exor of this my last will & testament Signed sealed & acknowledged in presents of us the 17th July 1830.
In Lunenburg County Court 8 August 1830
The within written will was acknowledged by Mary Bruce to be her last Will and Testament and ordered to be recorded.
Teste: Wm. H. Taylor, CLC
Recorded: Will Book 10, page 70