MISCELLANEOUS MECKLENBURG CO., VA.
WINN & RELATED RECORDS
Death Records -
Submitted by Doris Reese Ryan <email@example.com> July 24, 1998
"Marriage Records, 1765-1810, Mecklenburg Co., Va."
Mecklenburg Co. Courthouse, Boydton, Va.
WALLER Marriage Abstracts
1. Elisha CLARK & Nancy WALLER. mb Jan. 2, 1810. Surety John Waller.
2. Daniel HAZLEWOOD & Lucy WALLER, mb Aug. 2, 1803. Surety John
Waller. Minister Wm. Creath.
3. Henry WILSON & Caty WALLER. mb June 25, 1790. Surety Daniel
Mecklenburg Co., Va., Death Records, 1853-96,
Va. State Archives, Richmond, Va.,
Searched & Abstracted Oct. 1989, drr
1. Wm. WINN, 13 Apr. 1855, 22 yrs. old. Typhoid fever.
Parents, Wm. & Nancy Winn. Born in Meck., farmer, single.
Person giving info E. REEN or REES, friend.
2. Wm. REESE, 1 June 1856. Died Meck Co., Dropsy.
13 yrs. old. Parent, Jn. Reese. Person giving info
NOTE1863 & 1869 were missing.
1880 - No. 2 Dist., J.B. Ivy, Comm. of Revenue.
3. Thos. WINN, 27 Apr., Meck. Co. . Age 70.; Parents
Freeman & ______WINN. Born Meck. Occupation, none;
married. J.H. WINN, son, gave info.
1881 - No. 2 Dist., J.B. Ivy, Comm. of Revenue.
4. Thos WINN, April, died Meck Co., cold, 70. Born
Lunenburg Co. Married. Giving info, James A. WINN,
5. WINN, B.T., 4 March, in Meck. Co., Cause Unknown.
54 yrs. old. Parents, Win WINN; occupation, farmer.
V.O. WINN, spouse. Info. J.O. WINN, son.
1888, Dist. 1, Leander Read list
6. WINN, James O., 4 March in Meck. Congestive chill.
31 yrs. old. Parents B.T. & V.O. WINN. Born in
Meck. Farmer. Married M.A. WINN. W.M. WINN, brother,
1893, Dist. 1, Leander Read list
7. James L. WINN, 14 Mar. in Meck. Dysentery. 74 yrs.
old. Parents, W.H. & Henrietta WINN. Born Meck.
Farmer. Married H.A.WINN. Info H.A. WINN, wife.
Mecklenburg Co., Va., Deeds
Abstracted Oct. 1989 drr
Deed Bk. 5, 1777-1779
pg. 47, John Winn to John Stone, 12 May 1777.
Deed Bk. 7.
John Wynn, exec of estate of Wm. Vaughan, 13 Oct. 1788.
Deed Bk. 9, pg. 326Littleberry Winn of Lunenburg Co.,
Va., sold to Wm. Pettus, adm. of Thomas Pettus.
Deed Bk. 10, pb. 164Peter Wynn & wife Mary of Brunswick
Co., & Peter Wynn, the younger, of Mecklenburg Co.
Parents gave to Peter for $1, 500 acres.14 Oct. 1799.
pg. 41927 Nov. 1800Littleberry Winn & wife Mary of
Mecklenburg Co. to Thomas Vaughan of Mecklenburg.
pg. 45427 Nov. 1800Littleberry Winn & wife Mary
sold to Thomas Vaughan 183 acres.
Bk. 14, pt. 1, pg 26712 Apr. 1810Mary Winn, widow of
Little B. Winn, of Mecklenburg Co., sold to Armistead
Burwell in pursuance of Littleberry's will & for $1307
a tract on S side of Roanoke River on the bank of
Island Creek in George Tarry's line...her proportion
of the landed estate of Wm. Maynard, deceased...
(NOTE In a book on the early settlement of Meck. Co., Katherine Elliott
said the first court held for the new Lunenburg Co. was at Burwell's
Quarters (now in Chase City, Meck. Co.) and at the house of Sheriff
Thomas Bouldin in what is now Charlotte Co.)
Bk. 15, pg. 2952 May 1812James Winn of Mecklenburg
to Thomas Taylor and George Powel and to Richard C.
Gregory(?) furniture, etc.
Mecklenburg Co. Courthouse
"Will Book Index S-Z" abstracts
1. Horatio Winn, estate admr. bd. 1861., Bk 20, Pg. 282.
2. Freeman Winn, est. appraisal, 1864, bk 20, pg. 623.
3. Freeman " " acct. sales, 1864, bk. 20, pg. 624.
4. Freeman " acct. 1865, bk 21, pg 163.
5. Thomas Winn, est. appr. 1888, bk 25, pg. 466.
6. Thomas Winn, est. acct. sales, 1888, bk 25, pg. 467.
7. Thomas Winn, appr. dtr. 19 Nov. 1887; property sale,
23 Dec. 1887.
Bk 20, pg. 282 Horatio Winn exors. Thomas Winn & Robert M.
Bond acknowledged & recorded 16 Dec. 1861.
Bk 20, pg. 623 Freeman Winn Inventory. Purchasers
Lucy (Lucie) Winn; E.A. Drumwright; Thomas Winn; L._ Reese; Wm. Winn;
S.J. (?) Reese; Thomas Winn; Wm. Minor; E.M.
Pettildo(?). Recorded 18 Jan. 1864.
Bk 21, pg. 89Nancy Reese estate. Sale of tobacco & payment of bills.
Sale of slaves. Suit, Jas.(?) Reese vs. Reese's adms.
Distributees 1/6 each ($43.84)
Edmund Reese; Mary A. Reese; Mathew A. Reese; Howell
Mallett and Emma, his wife; WM. WINN & ELLEN, his wife;
James Reese & Margaret, his wife; Maratha Reese for
Bk 21, pg 163 Freeman Winn. Est. items sold & bills
paid "in cash in Confederate currency"
Paid to Spencer Reese; Elizabeth Reese; Thomas Winn;
Wm. Winn; John Thompson, Sheriff for coffin.