This school was located in Calvary, west of Woodstock, VA. The school was most likely built in 1912 as that is the date on the back of the photo.
Mrs. Mettie Sheetz of Hagerstown, MD gave the photo to her nephew, Vern. Vern contributed the photo to our Shenandoah Album. Vern attended the school in 1942. In 1943, the school burned and was never rebuilt.
Return to Shenandoah County Album
Return to Shenandoah County VAGenWeb