The owners of this building are the same as for the Bowers House. This is a part of the same property, only older.Physical Description
This house has been so added to that the original shape and design has been covered up. It looks more like a rambling frame house. The additions were made at both sides of the original house, one addition being in 1900, the other in 1928.Historical Significance
This was a plain farm house and wooded farm until bought by Dr. Turner Kelley, who transformed it into an orchard of great prominence.
Source: Virginia W.P.A. Historical Inventory Project, 1937
Return to Shenandoah County VAGenWeb