20 April 1809: James Rhinehart willed to his son, John Rhinehart.
7 May 1836: Raphael M. Conn
2 Apr 1842: Jacob Kagey
3 May 1873: Elizabeth Kagey, John W. Wayland and Anna E., his wife, sold to A.J. Kagey all of their interest in their mother's estate.
26 May 1906: Jacob and Maggie E. KageyPhysical Description
The house is weatherboarded and has a tin roof. The chimneys are of brick and are located in the center and at the side of the house. The house is the "L" type. The windows are of the four-pane variety, and there are four on each side of the house. There are six rooms, three up and three down. The fireplace is of brick and is framed in plain pine boards. The stairway is open and goes straight up from the hall, with one landing at the turn. The balusters, newel and hand rail are all plain. The floors are of wide boards and are laid with square nails.Historical Significance
The original house was built about 1800. In later years, additions were made and it was remodeled.
There is a large family cemetery on this place with some very interesting markers in it.
Source: Virginia W.P.A. Historical Inventory Project, 1937
Return to Shenandoah County VAGenWeb