This is a two and one half story log house which has been weatherboarded with beaded lumber and sealed with wide beaded boards, the same also used for the partitions. There is a metal hipped roof and three brick chimneys, ends and back. The fifteen windows are of the sixteen pane variety with plain trim, and the floors are of wide boards. The fireplaces are plain with moulding trimming. There are eleven rooms, and three enclosed stairways with triangular stairs at the turns and a plain stone, plastered cellar. The porch columns are square and the back porch runs the entire length of the house, while the front only covers the "L". There are three brick chimneys of the Flemish bond type and one stone one which are placed at the ends and back of the house.Historical significance
This house is supposed to have been built by Joseph Miller some time before 1805, probably in the 1790's. Lon Triplett is supposed to have been born there.
Source: Virginia W.P.A. Historical Inventory Project, 1937
Return to Shenandoah County VAGenWeb