The original owner was Thomas A. Lindamood, 1827, and his heirs until 1920, when purchased by Endless Caverns Corporation, the present (1937) day owner.
The three story frame and log mill has a metal roof with no chimneys. There are thirty windows with fifteen 9x12 panes and no shutters. The entrance is very plain.
The interior is very plain as is usually found in old mills, there are three large and three small rooms with sixteen foot ceilings. The open string stairway is plain as are the double doors, one at the top and one at the bottom (half doors). The walls are plain weatherboarding and the floors are plain, wide pine boards. It has been remodeled and spoiled some, architecturally.Historical Significance
During the Battle of New Market, the soldiers stole flour and cornmeal from this mill. It also furnished a great amount to the army.
Source: Virginia W.P.A. Historical Inventory Project, 1937
Return to Shenandoah County VAGenWeb