18 Feb 1800: John Cooksey and Elizabeth, his wife, sold to John Smith.
10 Nov 1828: John Smith willed his property to his wife, Barbara.
6 Mar 1857: Jacob Jordan and Sarah, his wife, sold to Reuben Bauserman part of the land assigned to Barbara Smith, the widow of John Smith.
24 Sep 1860: The County Court divided the land of Reuben Bauserman, Elizabeth Ann Lindamood, wife of George H.P. Lindamood, received this property for her share.
1 May 1888: George H.P. Lindamood and Elizabeth Z., his wife, sold to Raphael Bauserman.
29 Sep 1911: Raphael C. Bauserman willed to Vernie V. Bauserman 118 acres southeast of Hansburg Road.
This house is a typical log house. The large hewn rafters are shown to advantage in the rooms; one cross piece is eighteen inches square. The walls are of babited (sic) boards and the whole structure is put together with home made square iron nails. The logs are pegged. The only change has been in closing up the fireplace. All the woodwork is hand made.Physical Description
This land has been in the Bauserman family since 1800.
Source: Virginia W.P.A. Historical Inventory Project, 1937
Return to Shenandoah County VAGenWeb