On Swover Creek, about three miles west of Lantz Mills, is a most interesting old house, now (1927) the property of Mr. James C. Foltz and occupied by his son. The huge old fireplace and other prominent features of this house speak well for the builders of a century and more ago. Kept in this house is an old Bible, which was purchased June 20, 1848, by Jacob Foltz from Jacob Lantz, merchant at Lantz Mills. In 1864 it was presented to Samuel Foltz, a son of Joshua Foltz. James C. Foltz is a son of Robert, who was a son or grandson of Joshua. The deeds for this old homestead go back to the days of the Revolution and beyond.
Excerpted from John W. Wayland's A History of Shenandoah County, Virginia
Return to Shenandoah County VAGenWeb